The safety measures in the boiler room must always be observed by the boiler operator. Accidents can occur as a result of non-compliance with safety procedures or damage to industrial boiler equipment. You can also avail the benefits of online boiler training courses from many sources.
In the event of an accident, boiler operators must act quickly. Established emergency procedures reduce the chance of additional injury and/or equipment damage. All boiler room accidents, regardless of type, must be reported.
Also, read – Working properly with your boiler – safety tips and precautions
As the ship catches fire, the boiler is a potential hazard. Boiler operators and engineers should observe the following safety devices for safe use:
- Safety valve: Prevents the boiler from operating above the maximum permissible operating pressure
- Water Meter Glass: Designed to check the actual water level in the system
- Air valve: Used to release the initial air
- Flush Valve: Designed to remove accumulated sludge from the boiler
- Shut-off valve: It is designed to isolate safety devices, e.g. Mobrey, Dimension Glass, etc., usually for maintenance or security purposes
- Feedwater check valve: This is designed to allow feed water to enter the boiler and prevent water from flowing back out of the boiler in the event of a pump malfunction.
- Steam gauge: Used to read the pressure at which steam is generated in the boiler6
- Water purification: serves to reduce various losses and extend the life of the boiler
- Safety Plug: Designed to extinguish the fire if the water level in the body of the boiler drops below a certain limit.